Thursday 21 June 2012

Blemish Balm.

Garnier - 

BB Miracle Skin Profector Oil-Free


I've been looking for a new tinted moisturiser, as much as I love my Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturiser, the colour doesn't last long, and it doesn't provide as much coverage as I really would like during the day. Therefore I began the hunt to find a new one. I recently fell in love with the Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser, something so many people have talked about, and it is really, really good. The colour does last quite a while, and the coverage was just enough, for general knowledge I'm the Almond shade in this brand of tinted moisturiser, and the colour does really match my skin fantastically, something which is really hard with me wearing so much false tan.
However, I was doing my holiday toiletries shopping and I came across this Oil-Free alternative of the original Garnier BB cream, which for me personally was just...horrible. I quickly researched this whilst in Boots and loads of people really liked it, saying it was really fantastic for those with Oily to Combination skin, and therefore I thought I would give it a go. It was only £10, and I actually used my Boots points to buy it, the initial reason for buying it is because I wanted a tinted moisturiser for my holiday, I cant wear false tan on my face, therefore its so much lighter to the rest of my body, and I really didn't want to wear a foundation on holiday, its totally too hot. I also didn't want to pay £30+ for the Laura Mecier version just to use it on holiday for a week, therefore I thought it was a good time to road test this cheaper alternative.

Its only available in two shades, light and medium. Therefore for those who are really pale and really dark, you may have trouble with this product as I gave my light version to my friend, who is part Italian and therefore her skin is quite tanned, and it matched her skin perfectly, therefor its actually not that light. This product claims to use all-in-one technology to; mattify, reduce the appearance of imperfections, hydrate the skin, even out skin tone, has a SPF 20 sun protection and overall gives you a healthy glow. Its meant to help those with oily to combination skin, control shine all day, and is non comedogenic, which is a term which applies to face creams which do not block pores, which reduce the chance of spots or pimples, which is inevitably what every girl, like me, who has spot prone skin wants out of a BB cream. Overall, its apparent this product promises everything, therefore I picked up the medium shade and braced myself for the worse, I'll be truthful, I wasn't expecting good things from Garniers newest little product.

Lets just say I don't think I'm usually wrong, I'm really good at judging something before hand and it normally does turn out just as I pre-judged. However this completely blew me out of the water. Firstly the colour matched my skin really well, it was the slightest bit dark and it did somewhat exploded on me when I first took off the lid, which through me a little, however it seems to be OK now and behaving. Its really easy to spread, its a really lovely consistency and it allows you to really spread the product over your face making sure its all even and looks lovely, in many senses it does appear like a really light foundation, which is really lovely. It states it's "enriched with mineral pigments, immediately perfecting the skin and covering imperfection". I have to say, it does really even your skin tone, blurs imperfections and acne scares and it does really make you look so much more healthy and much more radiant. Another bonus is that it does dry really fast, which mean your not waiting for ages to do the rest of your make-up, and it leaves your skin feel so much more moisturised and happy, which is really lovely. It also last pretty much ALL DAY, it does get the slightest bit oily on my forehead, however that's not as much a problem as some other products and is easily fixed, and it also doesn't fade or go all patchy, which is what many other tinted moisturises I've tried does, they cling to the most horrific parts of your face leaving you look a real mess.

Overall this is amazing, for £10 its really good. I'm really looking forward to trying this on holiday seeing how it fends with 30'c heat. In my opinion its a brilliant budget BB cream which is fantastic for your skin, and looks so beautiful on. Its actually really making me re-think spending £30+ on the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser, however we will see if my opinion of it changes after a week abroad.


Have you tried this new BB cream by Garnier, what do you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment