Friday 1 June 2012

DeepSea Saviour.

Shu Uemura -

Depsea Hydrability Moisturizing Lip Balm


Generally my lips are really dry, chapped and really sore. Even in the summer they still let me down by looking a mess. Therefore over the years I've been looking for a product which helps keep them hydrated, soft and overall happy. I've tried so many products and I officially think I can say...I've found the best product ever for those with ridiculously dry lips like mine.

Shu Uemura isn't a brand I've ever used before, however a lot of people have been talking about their lipsticks and also their skincare, saying how amazing both of them were. Therefore whilst in Manchester the women at the counter let me try this Depsea Hydrability Moisturizing Lip Balm and I fell completely in love. However, I actually didn't buy it until the next day, this was purely down to the fact I didn't realise how amazing it was until I had left the shop and my boyfriend commented on how healthy my lips were (something which doesn't happen very often). Therefore when we visited the Trafford Centre, I was determined to hunt this down and buy it straight away, and I found it...yey.

Now onto the product. Overall this is basically a high end lip balm. Its formulated with an optimal balance of beeswax and macadamia oil, which wraps your lips in deep comfort which visibly repairs chapped lips, leaving them instantly softer, smoother and more plumped. The key ingredient in this lip balm which is highlighted within its name is depsea water. This is something which is in many of Shu Uemura products, for those who don't know what depsea water is here is a brief explanation. Depsea water is basically water which is pumped from deep beneath the sea, its rich in minerals which are really beneficial for the skin. The key minerals are;
Calcium which strengthens skin barriers and enhances collagen synthesis, which helps to plum the skin and make it appear more youthful.
- Magnesium which is an effective cell turn-over, helping prevent the oxidisation of the skin and helps energise it.
- Sodium which is key in helping keep a good PH balance within the skin, keeping it healthy and radiant.
- Potassium which overall helps cell membranes remain healthy.
Basically, for those who just sort of glossed over that, Depsea Water is really beneficial for your skin and is only found specifically within Shu Uemura skincare and beauty products.

Now onto my thoughts on the product...if you can already tell how much I love this lip balm then let me tell you...its incredibly amazing! It hydrates your lips instantly, and lasts such a long time, which means unlike normal balms you don't have to keep reapplying it. On the lips it looks just like a high-shine, clear lip gloss which is both non-greasy and not in the slightest sticky. The application is really easy, it has a slanted tip and therefore it allows it to just glide onto your lips. Personally I use it under a lipstick, it helps keep my lips really hydrated and also adds a high shine to my lipstick...I even think it makes my lipstick last that bit long.  I can definitely say since buying this and using it nearly everyday my lips have never been so smooth, soft and overall moisturised. They look so much more healthy and now I'm so happy I bought it.

It retails for around £18, which I know is incredibly expensive, however after trying so many other high street makes, I think its definitely work it to find something which works incredibly well. For me, I think its a small price to pay for happy, healthy lips.

Have you tried any Shu Uemura products, if so...which are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment