Saturday 13 April 2013

Stunningly Flawless.


Illamasqua –
Powder Foundation in shade 150



As you all know I love my Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation. However, I’m not one for taking it around with me, along with all my brushes and everything else. I like having a single, easy to carry around compact, which does everything I need for throughout the day touch-ups. I usually have the Clinique Almost Powder Makeup, which is amazing for touch ups thought the day…nightmare when you start to hit pan. However, I’m really impressed with Illamasqua’s products so far, therefore thought I would give another one of their products a try.
This was the main reason I went to Leeds, they have their own store there, and the staff is always ready to help. I explained that I wanted something to put in my bag throughout the day; just for touch ups. They advised that their powder foundation would be best for me, after trying it on my skin I really liked it. It isn’t too heavy, nor is it cakey, it looks really natural and gives your skin a flawless look. So…lets get on with the review of the foundation itself.

Illamasqua describes this power by saying; "Be the star of your own drama. The mainstay of film and theatre make-up artists, Illamasqua Powder Foundation glides over your skin, covering blemishes, correcting skin tone and leaving a shine-free look that lasts all night. Create a stunningly flawless base that begs to be touched. Comes in a mirror compact for touch-ups on the go.”

First of all I love the packaging, that's one thing Illamasqua do incredibly well. Illamasqua have a dark gothic edge going on with their products. When it comes to powder foundations I like the compact to be housed in a box, simply to protect the compact, collect any loose powder and to place in my bag for on the go, without worry of loose foundation ruining the inside of my bag. The powder foundation comes in beautiful sleek black casing, with the brands logo on the very top of the case and the brands name on the catch to open the case.
When using the included powder puff the foundation sweeps over the skin like a dream. Effortlessly covering blemishes and uneven skin tone leaving a shine free smooth finish. It can also be applied with a brush for a lighter coverage. The coverage is sheer and has an extremely lightweight feel. It feels amazingly soft when applied, and you can never over apply, so this perfect for those who are rather heavy handed. This foundation is also wonderful at mattifying the T-zone and is perfect at providing coverage for redness of the skin. 
I find the coverage to be quite buildable; I can get a natural to medium look. No matter how much I apply the coverage never looks heavy or cakey but this foundation does not offer full coverage. On a day-to-day basis I always go for a natural look so this foundation is perfect for me. If I were aiming for a fuller coverage I would apply liquid foundation instead, and set it with this compact foundation, as its also perfect for setting liquid and cream foundations.
As for lasting power, I can get around 6 hours from it but as it’s a compact foundation I can re-apply any time I need, but I never really need to.

All in all this is a great foundation and it's perfect for those with oily to combination skin, who want a sheer coverage to mattify their T-zone. There are so many different shades available I would find it hard to believe that there wasn’t a shade for everyone. It retails for £23 for 10g, which I personally think is really good, especially for such an amazing powder foundation.

Overall I'm really happy with this purchase; I think its money well spent.


No comments:

Post a Comment