Monday 15 December 2014

Cleanse, Polish, Boost, Repair and Brighten.

Liz Earle Skin Care –
Try-Me Kit 

Liz Earle is a brand I hear a lot of rave reviews from when it comes to skin care, however it wasn’t one which was easily available until recently, when they opened a stand in my local Boots. My sister was the first to try it out a couple of months ago, and she’s done nothing but say brilliant things about it, and we have pretty similar skin type. Therefore, I thought I would give it a try and see what happened. Unlike most brands Liz Earle sells ‘Try-Me Kits’ for each skin types, the little bag contains travel size products which allows you to try out the whole skin care routine without having to buy each full sized product…which I think is incredibleI chose the Normal/Combination skin type kit, and it contains everything I need to achieve healthy-looking, beautiful skin. The 3 daily essentials claim to deliver outstanding results whilst the fast-acting Brightening Treatment Mask instantly reveals radiance.


Presented in a zip-up kit bag, the set contains:
    Cleanse & Polish™ Hot Cloth Cleanser (30ml)
    2 pure muslin cloths
    Instant Boost Skin Tonic (50ml)
    Skin Repair Moisturiser - Normal/Combination (15ml)
    Brightening Treatment Mask (15ml)

I'll start by talking about the first, and most important step in the Liz Earle regime, and that's cleansing. You apply the Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (which I'd also like to add, smells absolutely divine - really natural) to a dry face or full face of makeup. At first, I found this odd and hard to get used to, but after a while it became such a lovely treat. I don't know about you, but I hate having to splash my face with water as it mostly ruins my hair and will more than likely splash it all over myself, so not having to do this, made cleansing so much easier, and it actually became something I looked forward to at the end of the day and in the morning, rather than a messy chore. After applying the cleanser all over your face and neck, you run your muslin cloth under warm/hot water, and use this to remove the makeup and cleanser. It's a lot more controlled than splashing your face, and the muslin cloth works to exfoliate the skin, which in turn helps to leave your skin feeling refreshed and revitalised alongside the cleanser.
The results of using this cleanser were seriously amazing. My skin has never been terribly bad, but I have combination/sensitive skin that was a nightmare to control, and I'd still get the occasional breakouts, horrible blocked pores and uneven skin tone mostly. A problem that I tend to have, is that were I'd have a spot, it would scar, and the redness left behind would take weeks or even months to disappear, and one of the things I noticed when using Liz Earle was that my skin not only started to co operate, but the redness and scaring would disappear almost instantly, and then spots weren't as much of an issue anymore, as the cleanser prevented them from rearing their ugly heads. My skin was more even and much healthier; I definitely noticed a massive difference that no other cleanser has even come close to.

Now onto the Instant Boost Skin Tonic: I use this toner on a cotton wool pad every time after I cleanse my face. I know that a few of you don't use toner, or feel it a necessary step in your face regime, but personally, I don't think I could live without it. It ensures that you have removed every last trace of makeup, or cleanser from your face before moisturising. This toner is by far the best one I have ever used. It's extremely refreshing and I feel like my face literally soaked up all the goodness, which in turn, left my face looking so much more radiant and feeling squeaky-clean. I have also found it doesn’t leave my skin half as red afterwards; unlike most toners I have used that leave me super red.

The last step to the routine is of course, the moisturiser. I hadn't heard many people raving about this Skin Repair Moisturiser but in fact, it's the best moisturiser I think I have ever used. Yes, dramatic but in absolutely no way an over-exageration. I have combination skin, which means there are parts of my face in need of a damn good thirst quench, and others that I could probably fry an egg on. I have never found a moisturiser that can combat both these problems, and still have the ability to make me look glowy and fresh. But this in fact did just that, it moisturised my drier cheeks and helps keep my oily t-zone under control.

Last but not least is the Brightening Treatment Mask. To use you simply massage on dry, clean skin and them leave it for 2 minutes…yes you heard it, 2 minutes, not 10,15 or even 20, but 2. Which is amazing because I get truly bored of sitting around for 15/20 minutes waiting for my mask to do its job. You then just simply wipe off with your damp muslin cloth and your done. Its amazing not having to scrub at your face for 5 minutes to remove those truly messy and stubborn masks, which make a disaster all over your bathroom. I honestly did think that my skin looked so much more healthy and ‘glowy’, and I felt truly fresh faced. Due to placement I’m not getting as much sleep as I usually do, however this is perfect for creating the illusion of a good 9-hour sleep. It does contain witch hazel, and this mask has a zingy and awakening scent but doesn’t leave you with a super tight face like some others. It truly compliments the other products in the range and is helping keep my skin super clean and clear.

Next up on my try list is the Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask. Its aimed at dry, parched or stressed out skin that's in need of a comforting treatment. It claims to hydrate and sooth whilst enhancing the skins natural barrier against moisture loss. It contains a blend of West African she butter, borage seed oil and comfrey, plus the uplifting aroma of rose-scented geranium essential oil. It sounds truly perfect for my skin which is constantly stressed!

Overall, all the Liz Earle products are incredible! I can’t rave about these products enough, I literally love each and every one of them and I will definitely be buying them in full sized when my trial sizes run out.
Now, this kit isn’t available on Liz Earles own website. From what I can gather she creates different kits for her website and for stores. However this amazing little try-me kit can be found in Boots and John Lewis, as long as they have a Liz Earle counter that is. It retails for £24, which I think is great, as each of the products do hold quite a lot of product and you do get 2 muslin cloths, therefore it gives you a good change to try each product and allow your skin to become used to them, in effect allowing you to see the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment