Wednesday 15 August 2012

Naked Foundation.

Urban Decay -

Naked Skin Foundation


Not long ago I bought the Dior Forever foundation, however due to its rather high SPF I cant really wear it for night time, due to it giving the most shocking flash back ever in photos...therefore I needed a new night time/special occasion foundation, however without a high SPF. At the same time Urban Decay was releasing this new liquid foundation; Naked Skin which on paper sounded utterly amazing.
Basically Naked Skin is a build able formula that allows you to customise your look. From light to full coverage, it feels like wearing nothing at all, yet transforms complexions. Skin looks natural, illuminated and bright: like the beautiful skin you were born with. The shade choice for this foundation in my opinion is impressive as there are 18 shades to choose from. The numbering system means that there is a colour to suit each skin tone, and shades that end in .0 are warmers shades and those that end in .5 are more neutral/cooler shades. I think this is a great system to find your shade as I was able to find my shade in a matter of seconds.


What may come as a bit of a surprise with this foundation is that the bottle is actually plastic, upon photos you may not realise this. However this is something I prefer for travelling purposes (as I travel quite a bit) it just means there is less chance of it breaking compared to glass. Although for some people this may be a turnoff as you might be a fan of glass bottles as it appears for luxurious and expensive, however to someone else, you wouldn't be able to tell. The foundation also comes with a pump which is a massive bonus for me as it allows you to pump enough product for your face and avoid wasting product, I find that one pump gives enough product for the whole face, and to add a bit of extra coverage over those problem areas.

Urban Decay state; "Our completely weightless formula blurs imperfections to deliver a flawless finish that looks professionally retouched and feels invisible."
Sounds too good to be true doesn't it...well let me tell you, its as good as it sounds. I have it in shade 4, which matches my skin perfectly. It leaves a lovely demi-matte finish, which means its in the middle of matte and dewy which is just perfect for me as I don't like been too much of either, in my opinion the demi-matte finish really helps it to look more natural after application. I have oily skin, and this can really help to combat the oiliness. Its doesn't feel heavy when applied, or so dewy that it feels like its going to slide of your face during the day, you know that once its on its going to have a great lasting power. With the foundation having a demi-matte formula it definitely lives up to its lightweight claim and you don't feel like you have much on once applied.

This foundation doesn't claim to last forever on your face, unlike similar foundations in this price range, however considering this it still does stay on the skin anywhere from 6 to 8 hours without a primer, or up to 10 hours with a brilliant primer (Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Primer review coming soon), therefore overall its a win win situation. Urban Decay however do highly recommend when using this foundation that you use both a primer and setting spray to enhance its staying power, which I really do stand by because it does really help the lasting power of the foundation, I personally use the All Nighter setting spray, read the review here.
The company have also released a brush which is designed to go hand in hand with the foundation, The Optical Blurring Brush, read review here, its a really fluffy brush which is so soft on the skin and really helps to buff in the foundation and create a truly flawless finish.

Urban Decay;s Naked Skin is retailed at quite an expensive £27, which puts it against the likes of YSL and Estee Lauder in terms of foundation pricing. However I don't mind paying this much for a foundation I really like, and that really works to give a stunning finish.
However I would advise like with all foundations to go into store or concession and test this foundation out for yourself, as even though I'm totally head over heels for it, it may not be loved by everyone, it also gives you a good idea of the shade you need and feel of it on the skin, overall its definitely worth seeing if you can snag yourself a sample of it first.

Overall this foundation for me is just incredible, definitely my new favourite foundation on the market. A lot of people are comparing it with the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation, and as I just got a sample of the YSL foundation I'm really excited to see how it compares.

Have you tried the Naked Skin foundation yet, if so what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment